Start your own sketchbook thread! Finished works or works in progress, it doesn't matter, this is just for you to show the artwork you've been working on.

Moderators: Ambiguity, SeaQuenchal, Waveloop, imcostalong, virtueone

Postby Polymath » Mon May 06, 2019 8:46 pm

Polymath

Subject title: Other Studies (harmless Artistic Nudity)

At the time I am doing one study a day and those studies are not necessarily related to my big programming project
(even if in the end they might be applied to it, if I learn something).

In those studies I pick one thing that I have to improve in and make one page of drawings about it.

If I get it and improve in the topic I might make a piece (differentiating between practice and performance).
I already would have several ideas for `pieces`, but lack skill. So yeah, one topic at a time.

My first big topic is rendering.
More specifically Skin, but I am also trying Metal, so you could say Rendering in general.

So here are some practices of rendering skin.

On one of those you see my process of drawing digitally and you can see that I even struggle really hard with making confident lines in digital,
but I can go over it again and again and so shape it into something that looks better than the initial thing.
And since in that way I am able to still make something it might be good enough to mould pieces anyways.

m123.jpg

women_study_small.jpeg

t.jpeg

Postby Polymath » Sun May 12, 2019 8:19 am

Polymath

Is this metal ?

Armor_Glove_small.jpeg

Postby Polymath » Tue May 14, 2019 7:28 pm

Polymath

Holy shitballs, I was trying something from complete imagination, it is so hard.

Getting a (more or less) `complex` pose right, trying to rotate the camera and show the same thing from another angle,
coming up with camera-angles that make it look `dynamic` or interesting, getting anatomy right (which i didnt even try, that would take days..),
not even talking about colors, probably the colors are horrible.

Dont expect too much; it was just coming up with figures in a pose!

BUT

i found the idea funny and wanted to put it down and maybe someone can relate.

Yeah, but I guess I have to declare it as NSFW, but only slightly, not really explicit, you dont see anything bad, its mainly funny. But you have been warned just in case.

Spoiler: show
lonely3_small.jpeg

Return to Sketchbook